FROM: Project Haiti, Inc.
Dear Governing Board of Hopital Saint Francois de Sales (HSFDS),
Mgrs. Harris and Chadic
Drs. Alouidor, Eustache, and Brutus
Project Haiti is pleased to bestow donations to Hopital Saint Francois de Sales that now enable the hospital to begin laparoscopic surgery. The donations are detailed in the separate attached manifest document and the retail value of the donations, assuming that the hospital ordered this equipment, is $118,800 US. This equipment was successfully installed into Salle d’Operation #3 at HSFDS on Tuesday, April 4, 2017 by Stryker Endoscopy representative and Project Haiti volunteer Jake Boegel. On April 4th and 5th, many laparoscopic surgeries were successfully performed by Project Haiti surgeon Dr. Martin Perez and HUEH surgeon Dr. Sylvio Augustin, under the direction of Dr. Paul Severson and Ron Vitales.
In addition to the Stryker hardware donation, additional laparoscopic tools from Medtronic and surgical supplies from the Minnesota Institute for Minimally Invasive Surgery were donated through Project Haiti as well with an additional estimated value of $9400 US.
We want to thank Riverwood Healthcare Center for processing and shipping to Florida, Food for the Poor for transporting the donations from Florida to Haiti, and HSFDS authorities and Dr. Bernard Brutus for their assistance in acquiring the donations from Haiti Customs. The Project Haiti team appreciates the hospitality of all the wonderful people at HSFDS and the cooperation of all departments to make this initial laparoscopic education a success. We were able to help educate several surgery residents in the basics of laparoscopic surgery and would like to plan expanded courses in the future.
We look forward to a fruitful future relationship with HSFDS, and on behalf of the Board of Project Haiti, Inc., we congratulate you for your beautiful new hospital and appreciate the opportunity to become a small part of your bright future.
Project Haiti, Inc. Board of Directors
Paul Severson, MD, President
Henri Lanctin, MD, Vice-President
Pat Lanctin, Secretary
Jody Albers, Treasurer
Ron Vitales, Board Member-at-large
Mike Evans, Board Member-at-large
"On behalf of the Haitian people, thank you for the generosity,leadership, and all the good work your team does. I agree with Henri , this is a remarkable project with huge impact on surgical care in Haiti. Ben thank you so much for helping with Haiti Customs."
Angelo E. Gousse, MD
Clinical Professor of Urology - Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine - FIU
Voluntary Professor of Urology - University of Miami , Miller School of Medicine
"Thank you Angelo... But it is nothing compared to what you are all doing to improve Haiti's health care in you respective fields.
It is a privilege for me to have brought this tiny grain of sand in this lap project.
Again thank you very much to you all from GASHU and Project Haiti for your engagement in making us enter a modern era in Urology and surgical practice in Haiti.
Way to go!"
Bernard Brutus, MD
- American Urological Association Annual Meeting
- TRIP REPORT: Dr. DAN ROSENSTEIN:URETHRAL RECONSTRUCTION WORKSHOP – CAP HAITIEN, HAITI
- Final Report of Dr. Gerard Christian Valme
- Flexible Ureteroscopy (F-URS) Course
- Dr. Lanctin Presenting a Pediatric Resectoscope
- Minimally Invasive Surgery Course – Pignon, Haiti
- Dr. Christian Valme Returns to Haiti
- Shipment of Supplies Heading to Port-au-Prince
- Dr. Frank Burks in South Korea
- Dr. Christian Valme – India
- REPORT: Haiti Trip Report, April 2018
- REPORT: Cap Haitian April 2018
- REPORT: Urethral Reconstruction Workshop
- Thank you e-mail to Drs. Joe Costa and Joe Babiarz
- First 2 Days for the Cap Haitian Week
- Hopital St. Francois de Sales Accepting Donations from Project Haiti
- Returning to Hopital St. Francois de Sales
- Pignon Surgery Report
- Urethral Reconstruction Workshop
- Surgery Week at the Hopital Bienfaisance de Pignon